I’m happy. The weather in Ireland is stunning. Another weekend is coming and we have (again) high temperature warning!
For you not familiar with Irish summer and Irish weather I will only say that usually we see here strong wind warning or maybe downpours warning. Everybody says it’s summer when the temperature reaches 16ºC and we keep comforting ourselves with every sun ray we get, but not this year. This is real summer, so let’s go to the beach and let’s have a picnic.
The recipe below is perfect for summer weather, is easy to make, the amounts you will get are huge and you can easily transport it. I found it while I was doing my exercise called “Cooking from books and magazines I love to buy, but I feel guilty for not using them“. I love the sweetness you get from mango chutney.
Indian rice salad with chicken
Adapted from BBC Good Food Magazine
- 350g long-grain brown rice
- small bunch parsley or coriander, leaves chopped roughly, stalks reserved
- 100g cashews, roasted
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 400g can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 200-300g cooked curry chicken, chopped
- 4 Tbsp mango chutney
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp medium curry powder
- juice of 1 1/2-2 lemons
One thought on “Indian rice salad with chicken”
Pingback: Let’s make a recipe binder |